Sunday, September 27, 2015

Post-Credit Coda Revamped!

Welcome to the new and improved Post-Credit Coda! I've made a few changes around here. Let me take you on the tour.

This blog was created on impulse, and has evolved impulsively. For a while I rotated the design, posting movie screenshots as backgrounds and changing around the aesthetics. As I've been getting more consistent web traffic, I've felt the need to establish a more permanent look. So here it is! Post-Credit Coda's new semi-permanent look. Feel free to give suggestions for improvement (and don't make fun, I'm not a visual designer...).

More importantly! Post-Credit Coda now has a full-fledged review archive! If you click the link in the top right-hand corner of the blog, you will be taken to the main page of Post-Credit Codex. From there you'll be able to search my review archive alphabetically, by date, and by score. You'll also be able to see the archive of Top Ten lists and stuff like that. I've experimentally added a few gadgets that'll allow you to take polls and submit suggestions or requests.

Finally, a change in content. My plan is to start rolling out more series to supplement the one-off reviews. I tried this out earlier in the summer with a Jurassic series retrospective, and I really enjoyed how it unfolded. Watching the franchise develop gave me some neat ideas about self-awareness in blockbusters. Plus for whatever reason, my Jurassic Park review has become the most viewed post on the website by a large margin.

Later today I'll be starting another series, a Spielberg retrospective leading up to his new movie Bridge of Spies. I've picked a collection of five Spielberg films I have seen and five I haven't. I plan to post one of these reviews every other day. Steven Spielberg is one of the most iconic filmmakers of all time, one who has been woven into the childhoods and adulthoods of millions of people across generations--a fitting kick-off and a neat way to fill out my review archive.

As usual, let me know what you think, and let me think what you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment