Thursday, December 31, 2015

Rejuvenation: 2015 in Review

Other Years in Review


2015 has seen a rather pronounced arc for Post-Credit Coda, though I suppose change isn't to be unexpected in a year when one moves residences twice. The first few months saw the blog in much the same shape as it was last year, occasionally pumping out a review when inspiration or inclination struck. That changed in the summer months, when a few of my popcorn movie reviews pulled more hits than I was typically accustomed to. I followed that up with a retrospective on the Jurassic Park movies. I'm not sure what combination of words or images I used in the Jurassic Park review to entice search engines to send traffic my way, but there has been a steady stream of clicks on that post ever since.

This encouragement prompted me to make some of the changes I had wanted to make for months. I detailed them in my Post-Credit Coda Revamped! post, and they amounted to: a new archive, a set design scheme, and a push for more big series events. My interest in this endeavor of amateur film criticism was rejuvenated and I started pumping out the posts.

I quite enjoyed my massive Spielberg Retrospective, but by the end of the Pixar business I was utterly burnt out. I even had a Tarantino series planned, but neither my desire nor my capacity were on board for that one. Obligation can lead to productivity, so long as it doesn't verge on oppression.

Unlike last year, I have no goals for Post-Credit Coda heading into 2016. Now that I've settled on a format I like, maybe it's time to buckle down, keep refining my craft, keep figuring out my goals, and put together some reasonable retrospectives.

Above all, I hope I continue to learn. If anything, this blog may someday represent a sort of personal archaeological dig into my development as a cinefile. Everyone needs a hobby.

Let's look at some year-long statistics!

This year Post-Credit Coda featured a total of 73 blog posts, including 66 movie reviews, 21 reviews of 2015 films, 1 top fifteen list, 1 guest review, 1 editorial, 1 television experiment, and 1 fluff piece written by Nicolas Cage.

Of the 66 movie reviews (exactly double last year's count!), the average score was a solid 8 out of 10.

The highest score, a perfect 10, belongs to four movies: Mad Max: Fury RoadWhy Don't You Play in Hell?Toy Story, and Finding Nemo.

The lowest score, an asinine 1.5, belongs to Left Behind.

The breakdown is as follows:

Score - Number of Movies with that Score

10 - 4
9/9.5 - 21
8/8.5 - 22
7/7.5 - 5
6/6.5 - 8
5/5.5 - 4
4/4.5 - 0
3/3.5 - 0
2/2.5 - 1
1/1.5 - 1
0/0.5 - 0

The total number of hits for this year: 14,004. The total number of hits for each specific post adds up to 7,784.

Of the 73 eligible posts, the average number of hits per post was 107.

The highest number of hits: Jurassic Park with 1725.

The lowest number of hits: Amistad and Munich with 20.

Great year everybody! Catch you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment